It is estimated that around 16% of the UK population are unable to browse the Internet and use technology devices without assistance.
With more services going online and removing face to face contact, it is assumed that everyone has the capacity to adjust to this new digital age.
At Solent Mind, we have created a free casual course into the digital world, set in a safe and calm environment based at Mayfield Nurseries in Southampton.
Here you can learn how to:
• Navigate phones, tablets, and computers confidently
• Browse the Internet safely
• Create an email account and communicate online
• Access GP’s and mental health services online
• Order groceries and shop online
• Have fun with technology and build confidence
If you or someone you know would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Simon on 07966474188 or email Digitalskills@solentmind.org.uk