If you or someone you know is interested gardening with us, and would like to give it a try, a great way is to book a taster session. Our friendly staff and volunteers will be there to make you feel welcome and help make the most out of the time your time with us.
Who are they for?
- People with a mental health problem – mild, moderate or severe
- If you or someone you know has dementia
- People with learning disabilities
- If you have a mental health condition and are involved in the criminal justice system, and have a risk of re-offending
What do you do at a Taster Session?
- Taster sessions are 1 hour long and are based at Mayfield Nurseries
- Depending on the time of year, you may be potting plants, taking cuttings, bulb planting or building a structure within the nursery
- Once you’ve completed a taster session, there is no obligation to sign up to any of our other courses or sessions
What are the benefits of gardening with us?
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, supportive community
- Gardening eases stress, anxiety and gives a great sense of achievement
- We can help build your mental resilience, confidence and self-esteem
For more details of our session times or to book a place, please contact us.